I was invited to a BBQ on Sunday. I was tasked with bringing a potato salad. I am not a fan of the old fashioned potato salad with mayo. So I went on a mission to find a recipe without mayo. My first stop, Pinterest, of course!!!
I found a recipe for an herbed potato salad. That in itself looked pretty tasty, but I decided that I wanted to modify it a little. So I added diced red, green, and orange peppers. I also added the Knorr's chicken stock I made with the concentrated packs. Oh, and I can't forget, I added bacon, because bacon makes everything better. It was a huge success. I wish I'd made enough for leftovers the next day. It was gone.
This is the recipe I used:
4 medium Potatoes
1/2 cup diced peppers (i used red, orange, and green)
1/4 cup red onions
2 cloves of garlic
8 slices of bacon
3 tablespoons of Sofrito
6 tablespoons of Knorrs chicken stock
a splash of red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1. Peel potatoes. Cut them into small cubes.
2. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. and a few tablespoons of oil (so they dont stick)
3. Roast them in over for about an hour.
4. Let the potatoes cool for a few minutes.
5. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
Viola! Simple and super delicious. I wish I'd remembered to take a pic. I will next time.