Friday, February 18, 2011

Shopping ...Publix and Sam's Club


We did our food shopping yesterday. I thought it was a good trip. We got $224.64 worth of food, and paid $62.62 out of pocket. That's a savings of $162.02. Here is a pic of some of the stuff. My husband had already started putting it away before I could take a pic. We got some fruit, and I splurged on some things like Boar's Head cold cuts, Nutella (kids have been begging me for it), and biscottis.

This is what my list consisted of:
  • Buitoni Pasta, Fettuccine, 9 oz pkg (4)
  • Hunt’s 100% Natural Tomatoes, 28 to 29 oz can (4)
  • Ronzoni Lasagna noodles (2)
  • Nonni’s Biscotti 5.52 to 7.4 oz box (2)
  • Lipton Tea Bags 100 ct (4)
  • Finish Automatic Dishwasher Detergent 25 to 32 ct (4)
  • Ricola Herb Throat Drops 19 to 24 ct bag (4)
  • Sorrento Mozzarella Cheese, 16 oz, (2)
  • Green Giant Frozen Vegetables 7 to 10 oz, (4)
  • Chef Boyardee 14.5 to 15 oz, (9)
  • Salad Peppers, 2 lb bag (1 bag)
  • Royal Gala Apples
  • White Seedless Grapes,
  • Wish Bone Dressing 16 oz (2)
  • Premium Black Plums, $1.49/lb
  • Boar’s Head Cracked Pepper Mill Turkey, $7.59/lb
  • Betty Crocker Brownie Mix (2)
  • Athenos Greek yogurt, 5.3 oz (12 - all for FREE)
  • Emerald trail mix, 5.5 oz (6)
  • Mentos mint roll (4 - all for FREE)
  • Sorrentos Cheddar Cheese (3)
  • Nutella
  • Sazon Goya
  • Progresso Bread Crumbs 15 oz (4)
  • Green Giant Canned Vegetables 11 to 15.25 oz can (4)

My pantry was getting a little low, so I was glad to be able to stock up on some stuff. (I just love the way it looks when it's well stocked)

Of course, what we saved at Publix, we spent at Sam's. We spent $107 on meat, but we are well stocked for next month or so. I spent all night seasoning the meat and packing them into individual sandwich bags. That way I don't have to worry about it each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment