Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My shopping list

The people I speak to about my coupon addiction ask me what my process is before I go shopping each week. So here goes...

My list begins with the help of several wonderful women. None of whom I've met, but I am grateful for them. They are (in no particular order): Michelle at iHeartPublix, Jenny at SouthernSavers, and Liza at Addicted to Savings (i just discovered her blog). These women put together the weekly list, and I use it as a starting point for my list.

Every Wednesday I sit in front of my laptop, cutting and pasting into my spreadsheet. when I have deleted the things I dont want on my list, I begin looking for the coupons. It takes me about 2.5 hrs cutting and printing out the coupons I need and inputting all the info into a spreadsheet (I LOVE Excel).

This is what I hand him each week. I used to even put in the aisle they were in but we switched the Publix we shop at and the new one does not have a store directory.

It's neat and organized and it makes me feel happy. It's nice cause I just input the quantity, price for each item, and amount of coupons I have and the formulas figure out the rest.

Just cause this system works for me, doesn't mean it'll work for everyone else. I have friends who hand write theirs. Either way, it's all good.

In another post, I'll write about how I get my coupons and how I organize them (for those of you who care).

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! Can you please email me your excel spreadsheet Priscillamiletello@gmail.com Thank you!

    ReplyDelete