Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To survey or not to survey, that is the question...

So many of my friends have asked me what I think of taking surveys as a means of extra cash.
What are the benefits? Is it really worth it?

The answer is, it honestly depends. Are you going to get stinking rich and never have to work again. No, but it's a way to earn a little extra money. I am a member of several companies. I have even been sent products to try out. Anything from food to soaps and cleaning products. It really is quite cool.

Honestly, it is what you make of it. If you only do one company and only take a survey once or twice a month, then you will not reap the benefits as quickly as if you take part in a survey every day. Some of the surveys are not as interesting as others, but in the end, you still get to express your opinion and get rewarded for it in the end.

I have been able to redeem my points for gift cards to stores I like to shop at, restaurants I like, I've gotten amazon gift cards, etc. Some companies let you cash out and deposit the monies in your PayPal account, others send you a check.

I've been doing this to a very small degree for years with MyPoints.com. But I started really getting into it in April 2010. Since that time, I've been able to get several things I normally wouldn't get (honestly because I'm too cheap). I got a small food processor, a mini muffin pan (they are super expensive at the store), shoes for myself and my daughter, and I saved up enough to get my husband the briefcase he really wanted as an anniversary gift, and I still have cash in my savings account.

In the end, it is worth if for me. My son has tried and he is not as involved in it as I am, so his rewards are fewer than mine. It is for every one to choose for themselves, as it is a bit time consuming once you get involved with more than one company.

I'll make up a list of the survey companies I take surveys with and rate them in another post.

Until then, try it out. You never know, you might find out you actually like it.

3 comments:

  1. I keep getting information from this company. http://www.npd.com
    I haven't tried it, but it's a valid outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about doing this, but you've made me reconsider it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE MYPOINTS! I've gotten so many gift cards from them. They not only do surveys, but clicking on the emails they send quickly add up too. I can't wait to see your list of other companies that you use!

    ReplyDelete