Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Publix run 1/25/11


We decided to forgo our weekly shopping this week, there was nothing that we NEEDED, so we decided to save the money.

Tuesdays are usually my busiest days, I don't get home til 5:35, and I have to be out of the house again at 7. So that doesn't leave much time to cook a home-cooked meal. So I decided to make grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for dinner (Campbell Select Harvest was on sale this week, and I had to pick some up). This is what I ended up getting at the store:
  • 1 pack of Thomas' bagel ($3.49)
  • 2 boxes of Quaker oatmeal bars ($2.79 each - BOGO)
  • 6 cans of Campbell's Select harvest soup ($2.39 each - BOGO)
  • 1 bag NY Style Bagel Chips (2.69)
  • 1 lbs bananas
___________________
I had a coupon for a free pack of bagels (thanx BzzAgent), 3 free coupons for the soups (courtesy of shespeaks.com), and a free coupon for the NY style chips. So my grand total was...

$3.05, and I splurged. I did not intend on buying the bananas or the granola bars, I was enticed. (my total savings was $23.82)

Not too shabby huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment